hanging Troyer Horizontal gourd with tunnel

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
Babsi

How do you hang this gourd with wire so that the gourd is hanging horizontal ? Do you have to drill a hole towards the neck ? Any advice would be appreciated.
Barbara
klcretired

Barbara,
We need a little more information so we can help you, what are you hanging the HZ Troyer from???, a gourd Rack or House??,
If you are hanging from a Rack i made a Bracket which is very easy to do, go to home depot buy a length of 3/8 " threaded rod , go finds nuts and washers to fit the 3/8" threads, you will need 2 nuts & 2 washers, when you get home cut off a Foot of The rod with a Hack saw, bend it in a U shape, the threaded end will fit perfectly thru the hole that is already in the HZ Troyer Gourd put on your nuts & Washers and using heater hose clamps attach the gourd to your gourd rack, then silicone around the washers & nuts to seal off and keep out the rain, here's a Picture of my HZ's hung on my LS rack, hope you can see the picture okey.If you can't see the picture closely enough email me at my email address below and i will send you closer shots .

Last edited by klcretired on Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pictures Taken with Canon Rebel XT Digital using a Sigma 50-500 Long Lens.

Wishing everyone a Great Martin Year
Happy Martining for 2020 to everyone,

K.C.

klcretired@tx.rr.com
Lhawk
Martin Colony History: Started tying in 2001 finally got 3 pair in 2003. Since then I had a steady increase to the 34 pair I now host in 2 Watersedge Suites 1 Trendsetter,and 12 plastic gourds.

K.C.
I'm sure you mean't 3/8" rod didn't you. If you bent 5/8" like that I sure would not want to arm rassle with you.LOL
Lee
Tenth year as a landlord. Started with 9 pair the second year housing was up ,2004. Now have 32 pair here in town, and 38 pair at the farm. Life is truly good
Sandy - NC

The mounting holes in the Troyer for using straight through rods are indeed for 3/8" rod.

As far as wire, there are three dimples on top of the gourd. Two at the back and one somewhere on or near the beginning of the neck. These dimples are where holes should be drilled to use the three point wire hanging method.
Don't ever, ever give up. It will happen.

sbunn1@suddenlink.net
klcretired

Sorry everyone it was a type-O , shd have been 3/8" threaded rod
Thanks for catching that and bringing it to my attention.
Pictures Taken with Canon Rebel XT Digital using a Sigma 50-500 Long Lens.

Wishing everyone a Great Martin Year
Happy Martining for 2020 to everyone,

K.C.

klcretired@tx.rr.com
Sandy - NC

KC, I haven't seen a perfect person on here yet, nor met one in person. Of course, I have met many that thought they were and thought they knew everything. I am glad that I still have a lot to learn. I certainly have had enough type-os myself.
Don't ever, ever give up. It will happen.

sbunn1@suddenlink.net