PM’s still in the area

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
pleaseeemailme

I am very concerned. It is the end of September and I am in RI. I am still hearing PM calls. Usually evening around 6-6:30. They should be long gone. Please all information would be helpful. I’m worried....
Dave Duit
Martin Colony History: In 2020, 60 pair with 285 fledged youngsters. 83 total cavities available, 58 Troyer Horizontal gourds and 4 modified deep trio metal house units, 1 fallout shelter, owl cages around all units. Martin educator and speaker. President and founder of the Iowa Purple Martin Organization. Please visit www.iamartin.org and join.

This season has seen later than normal migration and also visitors from further north. In addition, the sound you are hearing may not be that of a purple martin. It is an easy mistake to misidentify by sound alone. So, in a nut shell no need to worry. I hope this settles your mind and worries.
Mite control, heat venting, predator protection and additional feeding during bad weather add up to success.
pleaseeemailme

Thank you so much for the quick reply.
Dave Duit
Martin Colony History: In 2020, 60 pair with 285 fledged youngsters. 83 total cavities available, 58 Troyer Horizontal gourds and 4 modified deep trio metal house units, 1 fallout shelter, owl cages around all units. Martin educator and speaker. President and founder of the Iowa Purple Martin Organization. Please visit www.iamartin.org and join.

You are very welcome. I run an organization here in Iowa for purple martins and if you wish to check it out it is www.iamartin.org
You don't need to register to use the website, but if you would ever want to use the websites forum, you would need to register and then immediately email your username and email address so I can review and subit your registeration for approval. My email is dave@iamartin.org
Glad I could help you today.
Dave Duit
Mite control, heat venting, predator protection and additional feeding during bad weather add up to success.