Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
Khester
Martin Colony History: 2019 new landlord
Mother’s Day first pair arrived
Double stack Gourd racks
S&K Great 8 House w/ Gourd Rack underneath

East Tennessee Landlords

Postby Khester » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:37 pm

I’m looking for E Tn Landlords to connect with for information and perhaps an opportunity for helpful hints with PM setups. I think it would be such a great thing and might encourage others to startup their own colonies with support.

Jhcox I’d love to come visit your site...you’re not too far from me! I’m in Seymour, specifically in Union Valley, Tn in Sevier county Tn

Anybody interested??
Seymour (Union Valley),Tennessee in Sevier County
2019 March new landlord
Double stack Gourd racks
S&K Great 8 House w/ Gourd Rack

TomBrake

Re: East Tennessee Landlords

Postby TomBrake » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:51 pm

I’m looking for E Tn Landlords to connect with for information and perhaps an opportunity for helpful hints with PM setups. I think it would be such a great thing and might encourage others to startup their own colonies with support.

Jhcox I’d love to come visit your site...you’re not too far from me! I’m in Seymour, specifically in Union Valley, Tn in Sevier county Tn

Anybody interested??
Last edited by TomBrake on Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TomBrake

Postby TomBrake » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:54 pm

You aren’t too far from me in Abingdon VA if I can help you in any way feel free to contact me. I manage several sites including one on the campus of Virginia Highlands Community College.

jhcox
Martin Colony History: Started colony in 2014. First pair to stay and raise young in 2018.

Postby jhcox » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:18 pm

khester I would me more than happy to help you in anyway possible to get you started in the Purple Martin Family. But I must admit I am just a toddler in the field of being a Purple Martin landlord. I must admit is very hard to find purple Martin landlord mentors in the east Tennessee area. Saying that I would be more than pleased to help you get started Saying that I would be more than pleased to help you get started. I would be more than willing to let you come out to my site as minimal as it is compared to others on this form. Or I could come assist you at your site to get started. Just be aware of what you’re fixing to get into being a performer landlord can be an addiction like no other drug that you’ve ever heard of. From Waiting for years to get your first pair and see and then leave in the fall and the anxiety of waiting for them to return in the spring. So be prepared to work hard and getting them an even harder in keeping them. And far enough starlings in house sparrows Hawks and owls snakes squirrels and about anything else that you can think of that might affect them. Not sure if you’re allowed to leave your phone number on forum or not but if you are willing to post it on here I will call you and we will get you started.

JHCox 621E Raccoon Valley Rd Heiskell Tennessee

Whippy
Martin Colony History: 2016 - late to put up, many visitors
2017 - 1 pair, 3 fledged
2018- 2 pair, 12 fledged
2019 - 4 pair, 21 fledged
2020 - ?

Postby Whippy » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:47 pm

hey, Guys.

If you click the contact button you can send a private email with personal information. Putting your phone on here in the open will be very attractive to the bots that visit looking for stuff. The contact button is on the right under each persons bio.

Thought I'd throw that out to protect what little privacy we may have left.

Coolwhips

jhcox
Martin Colony History: Started colony in 2014. First pair to stay and raise young in 2018.

Postby jhcox » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:17 pm

Amen Whippy thanks for that advice. So wasn’t thinking about stalkers and such.

jhcox

Postby jhcox » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:38 pm

hey Khester if you want to try and do the contact info like Whippy said that's find im not real computer smart but I am will in to help you if possible.

Khester
Double stack Gourd racks

Postby Khester » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:02 am

hey Khester if you want to try and do the contact info like Whippy said that's find im not real computer smart but I am will in to help you if possible.
Thank you very much!! What kind of set up do you have? My DH is adding a couple more poles with gourds to try and attract more customers!! Going to add decoys to really make them jealous. Also I am ordering the dawn song player. Any other suggestions? We’re getting predator guards too. Not many folks do this around my neck of the woods.
2019 March new landlord
Double stack Gourd racks

Khester
Double stack Gourd racks

Postby Khester » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:04 am

You aren’t too far from me in Abingdon VA if I can help you in any way feel free to contact me. I manage several sites including one on the campus of Virginia Highlands Community College.
Tom you’re awesome. We might take a fun trip one weekend and come up your way. I think I’d just be totally overwhelmed and green with envy!!! But as long as I’m honest, we should be good!! 😊👍
2019 March new landlord
Double stack Gourd racks

jhcox

Postby jhcox » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:54 am

Hey Khester. I have one S&K barn that I have modified for bigger rooms. The attic part is closed of and I have put one of my dawn song machines in the attic to get it more elevated. I have 3 other racks with a mixture of Bo9 gourds and super gourds. There are 24 gourds total then the 6 I larger room in the S&K barn. I have 4 more costume poles and racks with 60+ troyer horizontal gourds to put on them. Hopeing I can get those put up this year. I f you ever get a chance to swing by I’ll do all I can to help out. Have a great season.
JHCox Heiskell Tennessee

TomBrake

Postby TomBrake » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:24 am

Tom you’re awesome. We might take a fun trip one weekend and come up your way. I think I’d just be totally overwhelmed and green with envy!!! But as long as I’m honest, we should be good!! 😊👍
Ill look forward to it.

jhcox

Postby jhcox » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:31 am

Hey Khester I think I was able to send you an email on the forum and attached my cell number. So if you still need assistance with getting your colony started or want to come by to see the PM setup that I have just give me a call. Hope to hear from you soon. Have a great season. JHCox

Return to “Purple Martin Forum”