S.T.P to help PM Landlords

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
Anthony Neira
Martin Colony History: Started in 1992 From neighbors old 1950-60's colonies. Have 8 Trio 6 Room Houses, 4 MPP Poles, 1 Heath Deluxe Gourd with Troyer Porch, 8 NatureLine Gourds with Troyer Porches, 5 Troyer Horizontals ,& 2 S&K 11" WITH Troyer Porches ready for 2019 Season !

S.T.P to help PM Landlords

Postby Anthony Neira » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:37 pm

Thanks to me being a "60s Child & Old Car Nut, I came up with "S.T.P" to help any newbies or for that matter,any P.M landlord.
S. for "Space" yup , try to give the P,M a nesting room with Lots of space, a 9", or 11" Gourd room. "Space", as in trees ( I should speak !! :roll: )buildings etc...
T. as in Temperature, Vent ( PVC Elbows) those Rooms when hot, Close the vents when cold, & throw the P.Ms some shade (! :shock: )as in cover the metal housing & Gourds with plastic political boards ( put them to SOME good use !! :twisted: )I cut out white boards & fasten them over each of my Gourds. I've seen a Very popular public P.M colony in S.A , & None of the Gourds have Any type of man made shade or Vents other than what was offered by the maker of the Gourds. :-(
P. Protection, yes, protection from predators,Owls( Wire Cages), Hosp, Starlings, snakes, Racoons & from insect nest invaders(mites, bow flies..)
So there I give it, S.T.P for the Martins, Best of Luck to Everyone next season ! :grin:
PMCA Member, 8 Trio 6 Room Houses, 1 Heath Deluxe Gourd with Troyer Porch, 8 NatureLine Gourds with Troyer Porches, 5 Troyer Horizontals + Tunnels, & 2 S&K Bo 11"s WITH Troyer Porches ! 4 MPPs, For 2019 Season !! :grin: Started in 1992 from Older '50-'60s Colonies.

Dave Reynolds
Martin Colony History: 2018 Success at Satilite Site “Oxbow Golf Course”.
2019 Success at my home Site

Re: S.T.P to help PM Landlords

Postby Dave Reynolds » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:39 pm

..... Anthony ... Man you have a way with words... Could not have said it any better... I will remember “STP” for awhile, good job...

Dave
Home Site
2019 — First pair, 5 eggs, 5 hatched, 5 fledged :wink:
2010 / 2018 -- Lots of Visitors

Satellite Site “Oxbow Golf Course”
2019 -- 26 Pair, 128 Eggs, 99 Hatched and 97 Fledged :wink:
2018 — 15 Pair, 58 Eggs, 38 Hatched and 36 Fledged :wink:

PMCA Member

Anthony Neira
Martin Colony History: Started in 1992 From neighbors old 1950-60's colonies. Have 8 Trio 6 Room Houses, 4 MPP Poles, 1 Heath Deluxe Gourd with Troyer Porch, 8 NatureLine Gourds with Troyer Porches, 5 Troyer Horizontals ,& 2 S&K 11" WITH Troyer Porches ready for 2019 Season !

Re: S.T.P to help PM Landlords

Postby Anthony Neira » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:08 pm

Thanks Dave, Maybe it's because, as a kid,I use to stutter & "Here Came the Bullies !!" :evil: , I guess that's where I get feeling sorry for the P.M runts so much, & just Nature vs. Man, in general. I credit Will Rogers & Mark Twain, to giving me inspiration to TRY to think Harder than I do ! :grin: Thanks Again for the kind words, Dave
PMCA Member, 8 Trio 6 Room Houses, 1 Heath Deluxe Gourd with Troyer Porch, 8 NatureLine Gourds with Troyer Porches, 5 Troyer Horizontals + Tunnels, & 2 S&K Bo 11"s WITH Troyer Porches ! 4 MPPs, For 2019 Season !! :grin: Started in 1992 from Older '50-'60s Colonies.

Return to “Purple Martin Forum”