PURPLE MARTIN EVENT in VA in 1 month! Still trying to get martins? Want to stop snakes?...

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
Kathy in VA
Martin Colony History: It took me 11 years to get martins. It finally happened in 2010! Been going strong, ever since! I have a 12-gourd rack, full and overflowing!! I love this hobby!

The 25th ANNUAL PURPLE MARTIN FIELD DAY is here again!

Date: Saturday, June 22, 2019
Time: 11:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Location: Central Virginia (Louisa County)(60 miles NW of Richmond)

Are you desperate to get martins?...to go from ‘Wannabe” to “Landlord” status?…..Want your colony to grow larger?….Want to know how to stop snakes, raccoons, owls and hawks? (or at least, to reduce their ‘successful’ attacks)…Want to know whether gourds or houses are better for martins?—or which ones martins usually like the best?...Can’t figure out how to stop starling and House Sparrow attacks?
WE CAN HELP YOU!***********COME TO THIS EVENT TO FIND OUT!

Lance Wood and several other speakers will teach you about all of these topics! Learn why colonies disappear, how to prevent it, how to grow gourds and turn them into martin homes, and receive free equipment catalogs and literature about martin attraction and management. Bring a bag lunch to eat while you listen to the presentations and watch hundreds of martins feeding their nestlings! (About 130 PAIRS usually nest at this supercolony every year!) Visit with other martin-lovers!—including landlords who post on the PMCA Forum and Facebook sites! If you came a long time ago, much has changed, since that first event, 25 years ago!—more displays, more speakers, more info. to HELP you!

FREE, but donations are appreciated to cover expenses.
Plan to arrive before 11:00 a.m. so you won’t miss the Door Prize give-away (including free GOURDS!) and the beginning of the presentations.
See www.purplemartinfieldday.org for directions, photos, and to find out what to bring (and NOT to bring!)

Questions? Call Kathy Laine at (434) 222-1831 (You must leave a voicemail; I’ll call you back!)

RAIN POLICY: PLEASE CHECK THE WEBSITE THE MORNING OF THE EVENT TO BE SURE IT WILL BE HELD! (If rain/storms are predicted, we may need to cancel or post special instructions on the website—refresh/reload the web page often.)

Come join the fun in central Virginia!
Kathy in VA