Consider going to the Purple Martin section in the banner at the top of this page

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
Ed Svetich-WI
Martin Colony History: 24 Super and Excluder Gourds on two gourd racks, all SREH. Full occupancy. My philosophy is to maximize fledge % with existing cavities rather than adding gourds to grow colony, thus providing opportunities for new colony expansion. Fledge over 100 nestlings yearly from 24 gourds. Band nestlings in cooperation with state university.

Consider going to the Purple Martin section in the banner at the top of this page

Postby Ed Svetich-WI » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:19 pm

From time to time, there are questions/comments regarding Purple Martin basics here on the Forum. From nest replacement, vermin, Dawn Song, attraction techniques to basic biology, the questions indicate a desire to succeed as Martin landlords. Take advantage of the information provided by the PMCA which is available for your pleasure right on this page. Many of your questions can be answered by the experienced resources from thecPMCA.

You will soon have a well rounded background as you strive for a successful Martin colony. I reread it from time to time myself and always find something that I have forgotten.

Good reading.

Ed

Return to “Purple Martin Forum”