No takers yet.

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
bamsheriff
Martin Colony History: 2014 Several visits but no nestings. Built the ranch style 8 hole house.
2015 Built T-14 out of pine lumber. Lot better and easier to do nest checks. One pair nested with 5 eggs. 4 hatched and 3 fledged.
2016 4 pair 21 eggs 16 fledged.

Last Thursday had my first Martins show up. Appeared to be SY females and 1 male. Friday had an adult male and female show up. Sat I had another pair but they left also. Sunday saw a couple flying but were driven off by a rw blackbird. Getting a little bummed with all the activity but none wanting to stay. I put just a little straw in the boxes thinking that might help but haven't seen anything since Sunday. Don't know if there is anything else I can do.
2014-1st year house up
2015- 2nd year, built a new T-14 martin house. Got it up a little late but have 1 pair nesting. There is another male staying around but I don't think it has a mate yet.
5 eggs in pairs nest
DakotaLady

bamsheriff,

As long as you have your housing in an open space and you are keeping away sparrows and starlings, there is not much more you can do but wait. I think that is one of the hardest parts of this hobby.

Good luck, I am pulling for you.
~Tangula~

2013 - 16 pair, 79 eggs, 71 fledged
2012 - 4 pair, 18 eggs, 18 fledged