Deluxe Universal Sparrow Trap

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
brent

Hi everyone,
I had a pair of HOSP that I tried to catch with my trap but was unsuccessful. I tried while they were building but they did not enter so started another nest. I waited until eggs were laid and again they did not enter and started another nest. This last time I had eggs from the earlier nest and waited until eggs were laid again. Put the trap in and placed a couple of eggs with nest material. Well, nothing. They left. What did I do wrong? I want to be prepared for next time. I have a Trendsetter 8 compartment house.
Thanks, Brent.
johncanfield

I set a trap in one of my gourds to catch a HOSP but caught a Martin, I saw the sparrows and Martins coming and going in the same gourd and it was my luck to get the Martin. He was released with no problem though. However after that the HOSP or Martins avoided that gourd. I bought a sparrow live catch trap to place on the ground and caught a mouse. So far the sparrows are winning.
John
JJ Ranch
Texas Hill Country
brent

John, that is funny. The sparrows never returned so I hope my attempts at catching them scared them off for good. Thanks for the reply.