Black Ops Season

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
malachy cleary
Martin Colony History: First breeding pair in 2011. Site moved up hill 350 feet at beginning of nesting season
2019 to accommodate road construction.
Colony seems to have weathered the upheaval

Do not let this document fall into enemy hands. A Martin breeding season was completed at Glynwood site with 225 fledglings and 5-6 day interval nest checks all against the instructions of Management.
A general Covid-19 blanket visitor prohibition was issued in early April just as the Scouts were about to arrive. Agent Cleary requested upgrade to “ essential volunteer “ via phone Contact with no response. Seeing that Colony would be lost if houses were not mounted and sensing An overall lack of understanding both of Covid risk, not near anyone, and Purple Martins, Starling aggression, the Black-Ops was conceived.
Spring tactics consisted of Traversing covert trails,
Bushwhacking and after hours incursions. With more grass and leaf cover bicycle operations via circuitous routes were employed.
No confirmed contact with enemy after 25
Missions. Possible observation by field agents with
No retaliations likely . Standby. 🤓
xprtbrdr

You are a super hero!! My lips are sealed and your secret is safe with me. Sincerely hope there doesn't have to be a Black Ops Season 2 in 2021.
malachy cleary
Martin Colony History: First breeding pair in 2011. Site moved up hill 350 feet at beginning of nesting season
2019 to accommodate road construction.
Colony seems to have weathered the upheaval

I’ve got the Ghillie on standby if needed. Thanks!
John Miller

Thank you for your service. Sometimes us purple martin folks just gotta do what we have to do.