Best Year

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
DelmaWhisenhunt

Best Year

Postby DelmaWhisenhunt » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:39 pm

Has been a real joy this year. Time has come, know they will be leaving any day. Summer is here, temp in the 90’s. Sure will miss my routine sitting on the front porch with a cup of coffee, front row viewing of a real performance. Fewer Starlings than ever before, good luck trapping sparrows. Will be looking forward to next visit. Usually about 4 months is the time span.
Delma Whisenhunt
Idabel, OK
Martin Lover

brent

Re: Best Year

Postby brent » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:25 pm

Hi Delma,

I, too, had a great season. I still have one family left and I take every chance to sit, watch and listen. I will miss them. We just experienced heavy rain and high winds of Hurricane Barry. The poor things are weary but I expect some clearing soon so that they can get food. I kept the house up low enough to take the brunt of the storm but high enough for them to stay for shelter. Congratulations on a good season. Let's hope and pray our good fortune extends many times over in the future.

Brent

wildcatervin

Re: Best Year

Postby wildcatervin » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:24 am

Had a great year also,all I found so far was 2 dead on the lawn,this is great.I have 50 houses up and all had birds in them,so that would mean 100 birds,if they have 3 birds each raised then that would mean over300,really great year.Are leaving early this year,have 3 families left.

Return to “Purple Martin Forum”