Sorry ! They will leave soon!

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
DelmaWhisenhunt

Sorry ! They will leave soon!

Postby DelmaWhisenhunt » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:40 pm

This has been my best year yet. Three houses up and so many martins could not get a count. Must have been at least 8 or 10 pair. When I mowed the lawn they followed by several in a group. Know they enjoyed the bugs I stirred up for them. I think they will leave soon, it’s so hot and all little ones are out flying. Seems last year they left end of July. Will have to find other entertainment to enjoy my coffee each morning on the front porch. The sparrows are already trying to move in since the martins are out most of day except early morning and late evenings. I have not posted often or checked the success of my posting friends, but I hope all of you have good reports, too.
Delma Whisenhunt
Idabel, OK
Martin Lover

Dave Reynolds
Martin Colony History: 2018 Success at Satilite Site.

Re: Sorry ! They will leave soon!

Postby Dave Reynolds » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:12 pm

DelmaWhisenhunt wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:40 pm
This has been my best year yet. Three houses up and so many martins could not get a count. Must have been at least 8 or 10 pair. When I mowed the lawn they followed by several in a group. Know they enjoyed the bugs I stirred up for them. I think they will leave soon, it’s so hot and all little ones are out flying. Seems last year they left end of July. Will have to find other entertainment to enjoy my coffee each morning on the front porch. The sparrows are already trying to move in since the martins are out most of day except early morning and late evenings. I have not posted often or checked the success of my posting friends, but I hope all of you have good reports, too.

Delma —- So glad to hear all is well, with you and your colony.. I always read your post.. This was my first year of success at my Satilite site.. I sure hate to see them leave. Enjoy

Dave
2018 Home Site
Lots of Visitors

2018 Satilite Site “Oxbow Golf Course”
15 Pair, 58 Eggs, 38 Hatched and 36 Fledged :wink:
PMCA Member

Return to “Purple Martin Forum”