I'm handing out cigars!!

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
zoefluf

It's a Boy! And, another Boy! And, a Girl!
Yesterday, after being gone for a week, I came home to find two ASY males and 1 ASY female at my site. They all went into the Troyers/ with tunnels last night and they returned again tonight so I guess they may be some of my colony from last year. The PM pair are sleeping in the same gourd that was the first one occupied for the last two years so I am assuming that it is the same pair of Martins.

I am just so relieved that they are finally here and I can look forward to them bringing home some friends. They are just gorgeous! :grin:
Jeanne
"Look at the birds in the sky. They do not sow or reap, yet your heavenly Father feeds them."
John Barrow

Hi Jeanne,

Congratulations on the start of a new season. Last week we saw our first general arrivals--those that affect the entire gulf coast with significant numbers of martins. I am thrilled that you are among the recipients. We will see several more such arrivals as migration moves toward the huge subbie arrivals in mid April. I hope you are filled up this year.

Have a great season.
~~TEAMED WITH A MARTIN GODDESS~~

Member/Mentor-PMCA. I do regular nestchecks and participate in PROJECT MARTINWATCH!! Coordinated 3 geolocator studies-2009, 2010 & 2013. State and Fed licensed bander (retired Jan., 2020)
Tim Mangan-Kansas
Martin Colony History: 2016 - 22 Pair

Hi Jeanne:

Congrats on your arrivals. On the scout report we are now seeing upwards of 30 to 40 reports per day which is quite an increase compared to what it has been the previous two weeks. I feel JB is correct when he says the the first wave of the main migration is underway. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks some of mine will find their way home.

Just one question. While you were gone last week, can you honestly say you did not say one little bitty tiny prayer asking that some of your martins be waiting for you when you returned home?

Hope you have a great season.

Tim
Licensed Bander
2015 - 14 Pair - fledged 68
2014 - Moved to Kansas - 7 Pair, 35 eggs, 28 fledged in first year
2010 Thru 2013 - Moved-Tried to start new colony
2009 - 46 pair, 217 eggs, 178 fledged
wyatt

Hi Jeanne!!

Congratulations! What a wonderful homecoming.

Wyatt
Dawn~KS

Congratulations, Jeanne!! Best wishes for a terrific martin season!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Dawn :grin:
Matt F.

Alright Jeanne!

Congrats!
zoefluf

Tim,

I almost didn't recognize you! What happened to the fish? Your posts always stood out with that picture of the fish. I miss him already!

Yes, of course I prayed for the return of my Martins, it worked, didn't it? The Big Guy and me are tight! 8)
Jeanne
"Look at the birds in the sky. They do not sow or reap, yet your heavenly Father feeds them."
klcretired

Great news Jeanne
Isn't this fun or What !!!!!!!!Right now i'm sitting on my back Patio drinkin' My Bailey's & Coffee and listening to martns...I LOVE IT!!!!!
Pictures Taken with Canon Rebel XT Digital using a Sigma 50-500 Long Lens.

Wishing everyone a Great Martin Year
Happy Martining for 2020 to everyone,

K.C.

klcretired@tx.rr.com

Ya'lllllllll are killin meeeee!!!!!!

Only kidding. I know my time is coming.

Waiting impatiently in Checotah, :shock: :lol: :roll:

Ya'lllllllll are killin meeeee!!!!!!

Only kidding. I know my time is coming.

Waiting impatiently in Checotah, :shock: :lol: :roll:
CNO~La

:grin: :grin: Good for you Jeanne. I've been looking at the Board often hoping for good news for you.

Continued good luck - There should be more in route! My colony has doubled (10) in the past week.

No, no no Jeanne... yours supposed to wait till they start hatchin to hand out cigars! Congrats

Hey Kenny, I guess I'll have to stop by with some Bullets. The ones I've seen are staying somewhere else... just visiting. Maybe this weekend

Chuck
Tim Mangan-Kansas
Martin Colony History: 2016 - 22 Pair

Hey Jeanne:

The fish is gone till August after my martins leave. Glad your prayers were answered for your returing martins. You might put in a good word for my lone scout that arrived yesterday. It is only suppose to be a high of 38 tomorrow with rain for two days. Even calling for a wintry mix in northern Arkansas with a chance of it moving down here in Central Ark. Hope this cold wet weather gets in and out real quick. I did watch my lone scout feeding yesterday so hopefully he will be okay.

Tim
Licensed Bander
2015 - 14 Pair - fledged 68
2014 - Moved to Kansas - 7 Pair, 35 eggs, 28 fledged in first year
2010 Thru 2013 - Moved-Tried to start new colony
2009 - 46 pair, 217 eggs, 178 fledged
James Strickland FL
Martin Colony History: 2017 Had a lot visitors no Matins nesting, hoping 2018 will be different.
2018 Had 1 pair
2019 had 30 pair

Great News Jeanne!