Where do barn swallows migrate to?

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
CraigMo.
Martin Colony History: Active since 2003

I don't understand what Eurasia is , but do understand what tropics is.
The Olsons

Craig,

I do not know where the barn swallows migrate to either...., but I looked up Eurasia....here is the definition I found on the google (Wikipedia)....I am sure you will get lots of answers on the "barn swallow" question.

Quote:
"From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
For other uses, see Eurasia (disambiguation).
Eurasia
African-Eurasian aspect of Earth

Eurasia is an immense landmass covering about 53,990,000 km² (or about 10.6%) of the Earth's surface. Often reckoned as a single continent, Eurasia comprises the traditional continents of Europe and Asia, concepts which date back to classical antiquity and the borders for which are somewhat arbitrary. Eurasia, in turn, is part of the yet larger landmass of Africa-Eurasia.

Eurasia has in excess of 4.61 billion people—more than 71% of the world's human population." Quote:

Take care :wink:
Astrid
Love it or leave it~~~Astrid :-)
Dawn~KS

My Peterson's Guide says they winter from Costa Rica to Argentina, Africa, and s. Asia. :)
CraigMo.
Martin Colony History: Active since 2003

Thank you Astrid and Dawn. The Barn swallows are still here in my area. Also sorry for the question, wasn't very specific, must of been thinking to hard on Eurasia
The Olsons

Dawn,

Are you ready for tomorrow? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Astrid
Love it or leave it~~~Astrid :-)
Dawn~KS

The Barnies are still here also. I saw a **bunch** of swallows today.................I did see Barnies, but I think this may have been a mixture of all kinds of swallows. I still see Barnies in late Sept. and early Oct. during my favorite time to fish!!! :grin:
Dawn~KS

If you are referring to my becoming a year older....................I'm as ready as I'll ever be!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
John Miller

Hey Craig

Barn swallows are distributed world wide, me thinks, so maybe that's where the Eurasia reference came in. Once Mike Scully of San Antonio here on the Forum posted a link to a science paper on swallows worldwide, a link I've lost and if anyone has it I'd like to review it. But the paper talked about how purple martins are limited to the Americas, while barnies are more widely distributed. John