Unusual season

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
BANG

I have a colony that started in the mid 80's, I've built in up over the years and now I keep about 50 gourds up. I'm in Northeast TN and my ASY birds leave usually by July 15, and most years all the others are gone by the end of July. I normally don't see any passerbys in August, but did have a SY pair stay until Aug 9th a few years ago. But this year is nuts, I currently have a ASY pair still here that all babies fledged about a week ago. They ( all five of them) leave in the morning and come back late in the evening to the same nest, it's August 23rd. Never seen a season like this.
Dave Duit
Martin Colony History: In 2020, 60 pair with 285 fledged youngsters. 83 total cavities available, 58 Troyer Horizontal gourds and 4 modified deep trio metal house units, 1 fallout shelter, owl cages around all units. Martin educator and speaker. President and founder of the Iowa Purple Martin Organization. Please visit www.iamartin.org and join.

Hi BANG,
This season has seen some later than normal migration south, but nothing to fret about. They will move on in their own time. Best of luck my friend.
Mite control, heat venting, predator protection and additional feeding during bad weather add up to success.