5 babies fledged today. A Good Day.
Ma, Pa very attentive. We will really
miss them. Least they all will be here
for a few more days. Lots of visitors
but only one pair nested.
Better Luck in 2021.
Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 494
- Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 9:23 am
- Location: tennesse
- Martin Colony History: Started colony in 2014. First pair to stay and raise young in 2018.
Hey Joanne you will be surprised next year if that pair makes it back they will be the one’s to draw in the new birds for you. Play that dawn song 4 or 5 am to say noon then again in the evening from 5 till dark. Dirty up those entrances and pre nest those cavities with pine straw. And keep out all other birds even if you have to close the entrances until you actually see martins next year. Good luck.
- Posts: 203
- Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:09 pm
- Location: Indiana/ Jamestown
- Martin Colony History: 2005-2019. Lots lookers, 2 successful nesting's.
2010- 1 pair nested,eggs destroyed(Wren).
2012- 1 pair nested, 4 eggs, 4 fledged
2019- 1 pair nested, 4 eggs, 4 fledged.
JH Cox. THANKS for the advice. I certainly WILL do that. Good Luck also in 2021.