Nest replacement?

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
Peter Alberda
Martin Colony History: Started with Amish copy of Trendsetter 12 room house, added Trio Grandpa with expanded rooms, and North Star 8. Taking Trendsetter down this spring and adding gourd rack.

I have several Troyer horizontal gourds that are not being used. Would it be okay To just swap out a ten day old gourd with a clean identical gourd? It would speed up the nest change and then I can clean out the dirty gourd later.
2020 - A pair of SY birds with three nice chicks. Lots of visitors all year long.
2015-2019 - A few lookers.
2014 - ASY male and SY female fledged four chicks.
2013 - Several visitors but none stayed to nest.
2012 - Lots of visitors all season long. We had a pair of sys but no chicks survived.
2011 - New location - A few visitors
2010 - First year – Poor house location.
jhcox
Martin Colony History: Started colony in 2014. First pair to stay and raise young in 2018.

Peter I would not think it would bother the parents if you are able to do it in a quick way. I would worry more about the length of time it will take to pull the young from the gourd put them in a box clean out the old nest put in the new nest with alittle 7 dust. If you have the new gourd already prepared with 7 dust I would think that would be much faster and less disruptive. So I say go for it.