Long season for central texas

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
Mike Mack

Still have a lot of martins in their nests but way more than half have fledged. Nest checking on the 22nd found 2 clutches still hatching out, and 19 nests with 79 babies that are less than 10 days old. Hope the weather holds out and we stay away from the 100 plus temps for a few more weeks. Would like to here from others in texas that nest check to compare with.
johncanfield

One of my gourds fledged in the last 2 or 3 days. Seven gourds should fledge in the next 7 to 10 days; found three eggs in a previously empty gourd which was a surprise.
John
JJ Ranch
Texas Hill Country
Whippy
Martin Colony History: 2016 - late to put up, many visitors
2017 - 1 pair, 3 fledged
2018- 2 pair, 12 fledged
2019 - 4 pair, 21 fledged
2020 - 15 pair, 67 fledged

I had 10 gourds that had eggs and those have been fledging beginning two weeks ago and looks like it'll stretch out another week before they are all gone. I have 2 other gourds that appear to have late nests but I haven't been able to check their progress. I know one of them had 4 eggs a couple of weeks ago I just don't know what they final egg count is. I'll check once all the older chicks are gone.

My Trio Wade has two pairs feeding young now and I expect them to fledge in about a week or more. I'll do a nest check on Friday to see their progress. There was 13 eggs upon last next check.

Coolwhips