Bird’s, Bird’s, and more Bird’s...!

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
Rodger Drye
Martin Colony History: Have been hosting and providing a sanactuary for Purple Martins for 30 years.

Bird’s, Bird’s, and more Bird’s...!

Postby Rodger Drye » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:47 pm

I’ve experienced a complete new wave of Bird’s (Martin’s) this day. Not sure if I doubled in quantity but for sure have come close. Every Pole System that I have has several Pair of Martin’s claiming their perspective Gourd’s.
Before I was holding at 20 - 25 Bird’s. Now I would have to say that number is up to 45 or 50 or even more.!

I knew these southerly winds would blow some more Bird’s in, and that’s exactly what it did. I was out mowing some of the yard and noticed a lot of insects everywhere. That’s another Good thing. With so many insects I don’t have to worry about how many bird’s I have bc I know they’ll all have enough to eat.

I watch my Bird’s constantly and even while I mow right under their Racks they just sit there and watch me. It’s like they seem to know that I’m not going to harm them. They will eventually all fly off at the same time as if in formation. And I enjoy watching them fly back in different bunches. My Bird’s are back, and this is what I’ve been waiting for...!!

Yes indeed, Let the Season Begin.!

Rodger
PMCA Member
Have been Hosting and Protecting Martin's for 30 years.

Rodger Drye
Martin Colony History: Have been hosting and providing a sanactuary for Purple Martins for 30 years.

Re: Bird’s, Bird’s, and more Bird’s...!

Postby Rodger Drye » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:37 pm

Sorry, I accidentally posted this thread two times.
PMCA Member
Have been Hosting and Protecting Martin's for 30 years.

Return to “Purple Martin Forum”