They’re coming

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
Brad Biddle

Even with our rainy cool weather and many days of north and east winds, new arrivals have apparently been pretty steady. We had south winds Monday and Tuesday and this morning I had at least 25, maybe 30 birds out on the racks and flying around. No idea how many might have still been in the gourds. When they get above about 15 I can’t hardly get a good count.
Martin landlord since 2003. Currently offering 162 plastic gourds with tunnels, all with Conley II entrances with the Lewis modification. I have 24 Supergourds and the rest are Troyer Horizontals.
PMDavid
Martin Colony History: 2018 1 lone nut and lots of visitors
2019 6 pair -21fledged
2020 18 pair -60 fledged
2021......to be seen.
24 natural gourds on a satellite rack,9 other gourds scattered around
2-12 compartment trio houses
Rarely see a sparrow or starling,but when I do they don’t last long!
Will have a second satellite rack for the 2022 season and phase out the houses,the martins here strongly prefer natural gourds.

Hey brad ,good to hear they are getting there . Our forecast for here shows the next nine days of south winds. Envelope in the mail Tuesday.
Geno

I'm glad yours are coming back! One of my friends saw them come in Sunday in T-Town. Can you post a picture of the electric system you have for predators? I still don't know how that works.
Brad Biddle

Geno, I’ll try to post a couple of them this weekend. I have 2 different setups
Martin landlord since 2003. Currently offering 162 plastic gourds with tunnels, all with Conley II entrances with the Lewis modification. I have 24 Supergourds and the rest are Troyer Horizontals.