Interesting NEXRAD Observations in DFW Metro area

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
Dale Hrncirik

I got on the NOAA site this morning around 6:30 and saw what appeared to be 3 'donut' blips on the radar. One was located up on 35E in the Lewisville vicinity. The second was to the SW of Arlington. The 3rd was in the area of I-635 and I-30. This one appeared to be around Lake Ray Hubbard or the cities of Rockwall or Rowlett.

For years, there have been PM roosts in Lewisville and the Arlington area but I've never seen or heard of one in the vicinity of Lake Ray Hubbard. Could someone in the area please check it out? I'll monitor the radar over the next few weeks and try to get over there myself when I get a chance. I expect the roosts to peak in size between mid July and early August.

Dale
Laverne
Martin Colony History: Erected 1st house in 1997. Birds were checking it out before Mike got down from the ladder. Six cavities had a little colony 1st year. Grown to 88 cavities all gourds with near 100% occupancy. Most important factor for success is rain = bugs.

Hi Dale.

I got up this morning at 5:30. I turned on the computer and got ready for work. Then, I sat there watching for 30 minutes until I had to leave for work at 6:30. Nothing, I saw nothing... I guess that's why. I'm sure the PM roost in DFW area would disperse around the same time as the one in Houston. I could have driven over there and watched the birds leave the roost in person! Only one problem - carpool!!!

I'll get up tomorrow morning and try again. I'll catch them this time!!

Thanks for your help. And you, too Emil. I kept flipping back and forth between the two radars. I want to capture a copy of it if I can when the donuts appear. I wonder how many I will see around Houston?
Sincerely,
Laverne