2020 Check-in & Hi to Old Friends

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
Lane Stout
Martin Colony History: Active colony since 2003. Site offers 64 gourds.

2020 Check-in & Hi to Old Friends

Postby Lane Stout » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:47 pm

Hi folks and Happy New Year!

Getting ready for the 2020 Martin season at my site and as usual, getting anxious! January 26 is the nominal return date of my first birds so it's getting close. All 64 gourds are clean, pre-loaded and ready to host guests. Cleaning my plastic gourds this year was easier than ever having used a product called "30 Second Cleaner" from one of the big box stores. Best I've ever used in seventeen years or so of having a colony.

Best wishes to all for a fantastic year with your martins and I look forward to hearing from old friends and acquaintances as we move through 2020.

Lane Stout
Gonzales, LA

Attachments
IMG_7523r.JPG
IMG_7523r.JPG (232.89 KiB) Viewed 3264 times

PMDavid
Martin Colony History: Second year trying to attract martins. This year I am getting rid of the wooden house and showing something they are used to seeing.
Offering 2 trio grandpaws w/2natural gourds under each and C.Abare gourd rack w/16 natural gourds. And one rehabbed 16 compartment Coates original with two natural gourds.Lots of lookers,a few overnighters and daily activity cruising and looking. All gourds have a rain canopy and wire perch.2019 7 pair moving into 2020 almost double pairs from 2019. Still have most of the month of March to go for new arrivals and April.

Re: 2020 Check-in & Hi to Old Friends

Postby PMDavid » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:04 pm

Hi there Glenn, just wanted to say hi and make a new acquaintance with another landlord in Louisiana. I live in between alexandria and boyce,closer to Alex. on hwy1north. This is my third season for martins and was lucky enough to have 7pr last year. I offer 25 natural gourds and two 12 compartment trio’s. I’m hoping to increase my numbers this season ,keep in touch since we are in the same state. If you scroll down to “adding extra perch space” post you can see my setup. Have a great season.....David.

Lane Stout
Martin Colony History: Active colony since 2003. Site offers 64 gourds.

Re: 2020 Check-in & Hi to Old Friends

Postby Lane Stout » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:27 am

Hi David and good to hear from a nearby fellow martineer! I will definitely check out your other post and images. Lane

Return to “Purple Martin Forum”