Why Iowa Purple Martin Organization website down explained

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
Dave Duit
Martin Colony History: In 2018, 54 pair with 202 fledged youngsters. 73 total compartments available, 48 Troyer Horizontal gourds and 4 modified trio metal house units, owl cages around all units. Martin educator and speaker. President of the Iowa Purple Martin Organization. Please visit www.iamartin.org and join.

Why Iowa Purple Martin Organization website down explained

Postby Dave Duit » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:15 pm

Hey everyone and especially the Iowa Purple Martin Organization members. You may have noticed that our website has been recently closed. It was closed by choice until we do all our upgrades and spam controls. We decided to do this during the purple martin off-season because the frequency of website visits tends to subside during the fall and winter months. Our webmaster Chris has started his own computer company and is swamped with "to do lists" to ensure all goes as planned. He hasn't forgot about our little website and has promised to get at it asap when things start to slow down. The major overhaul and upgrades to our site mainly revolve around improved security, user friendliness, spam filtering, spider and bot countermeasures and all that technical computer stuff that I myself can't get my head around. Anyway, as of now we have about 100 members and things continue to grow for the organization. We like to be leading edge when it comes to anything purple martin. Thanks for your efforts and in your wait for the website to reopen. Check back around March.
Dave Duit
Mite control, heat venting, predator protection and additional feeding during bad weather add up to success.

Return to “Purple Martin Forum”