Emil's The Walls

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
Carlton
Martin Colony History: I moved to South Florida, from Delaware, in August of 2015.

I will have 2 MSS-8 houses, with Excluder entrances, here on my condo grounds. This season I will also have two Delux Gourd Racks with 24 Excluder Gourds with Modified Excluder entrances. In our condo development, along the lake in a different section, I have 7 Excluder Gourds hanging from 84 inch Shepherd's Hooks with predator guards.

At Quiet Waters Park, nearby in Deerfield Beach, I have a Deluxe Gourd Rack with 12 TVG's. I also have an rack with 12 Excluder gourds with Modified Excluder entrances.

At another local park, Tradewinds Park at Coconut Creek, I have a Trendsetter 12, 5 gourds rack with 60 Excluder gourds with Modified Excluder Entrances and 1 Delux Gourd Rack with 12 Troyer Vertical Gourds with wing guards over the Conley II to keep out smaller starlings.

Emil's The Walls

Postby Carlton » Wed May 22, 2019 12:55 pm

I tried making a rough sketch on the computer, Emil. Is this all that is involved in making the starling proof/wing entrapment proof entrance?

Two blocks 1" x 2" attached like in the sketch at the very ends of the starling resistant entrance.

Carl

Return to “Purple Martin Forum”