Purple Martin video by Carol Arcand...

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts

Purple Martin video by Carol Arcand...

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:33 pm

Hi all!
Has anyone here gotten the Purple Martin video by Carol Arcand?
I found nformation about the video (a small sample clip) and how to purchase it on another website.
It looks really cool. I sent in the money about three weeks ago, but no video has arrived and the check has not been cashed. Perhaps he is on vacation? Any comments? If anyone speaks French, perhaps they can translate what the voice message is saying at the phone number given on the website...I am afraid I cannot even guess what he is saying :-( Seems like it would be a great thing to sell on the PMCA site---has this been tried?

Louise Chambers
Site Admin

Postby Louise Chambers » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:38 pm

Hi SF - The Arcand video is available from PMCA through the Shop button at top of page. For now, only video is available. If we learn a DVD is going to be offered, too, we'll let folks know. Obtuse, huh? :roll:

Louise :wink:
Last edited by Louise Chambers on Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:50 pm

OOOOOkay. Sorry 'bout that....My wife is right about my obtusiveness I see.........Are there DVD's available?

CUL Lou~Mich

Postby CUL Lou~Mich » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:37 pm

Soar Fan. I'd imagine the greeting on the message machine would be pretty much like ours. If you call again, wait for the beep, then give your name and phone number, and ask that your call please be answered. I've had the video a couple of years now, and think it's pretty good. CUL Lou

Donnie Hurdt MN

Postby Donnie Hurdt MN » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:27 pm

I have mine now for several years too. I have watched it so many times I pretty much know it by heart. Yes, SoarFan it is a very good vidio. S&K manufacturing also has a Purple Martin vidio called A Birth Of A Family.It is mostly about young martins in the nest from hatching to fledgling. Also a very good vidio.
PMCA member and Martin fanatic....
2011 A pair of subbies fledged three young but none returned in 2012 :-(
2015 One Pair of subbies came and stayed a few nits but got chased away by Bluebirds and Tree swallows. :-(
2017 0ne pair of subbies nested and fledged 4 young
2018 Tree Swallows AGAIN chased away any martins that wanted to nest :evil:
2019 Same old story................ :-(

Return to “Purple Martin Forum”