Babies in July.....

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
abernathys

Babies in July.....

Postby abernathys » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:46 am

Babies, babies, babies....9 new babies, 5 at 1 week old, 2nd brood for asy pair. 4 babies 2 days old from a new asy pair that arrived at the end of the season for all of our other pairs and hung around until a compartment was empty to have babies! Both daddies are scoring a A+ for hanging in and doing their share of feeding and protecting....hope they keep it up. Wish the heat would take a bit of a break. I will be keeping my eye on things. Sure like to finally catch the evil sparrow that is hanging around. Funny how they show up with so many empty compartments and they want to be in the house where the babies are. Hate them!!! Hard to come to work knowing he may be lurking around. Good luck to all..

Sandy
PM lover

klcretired

Postby klcretired » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:37 am

Sandy,
That's Great News , more babies does it get any better than this????. I have only 8 babies left to fledge out of 66 eggs that hatched this year and i just posted some pic's for everyone to see under Pic's & Update from Grand Prairie,Texas. I wish you well and Congrat's on the New little ones.
Pictures Taken with Canon Rebel XT Digital using a Sigma 50-500 Long Lens.

Wishing everyone a Great Martin Year
Happy Martining for 2020 to everyone,

K.C.

klcretired@tx.rr.com

abernathys

Postby abernathys » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:08 pm

Thanks K.C. --things couldn't be better. Great news on all your babies!!!! So far we have fledged 130 babies. These late babies will make up for the ones lost to our unmated subbie males. Take care of your 8 babies. Is it raining there? Sure could use a little bit down here. I'm gonna get a supply of crickets just in case they are needed for the little darlins. Take care!

Sandy
PM lover

Return to “Purple Martin Forum”