Video stream - ASY male impressing me

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
Matt F.

The ASY pair that are in our camera gourd, are incubating right now.
(If it asks you to download anything, just hit cancel)
http://noacamera.uhcl.edu/axis-cgi/mjpg ... on=704x480
In the past, I've seen (as I'm sure many have) how careful, and attentive mom is, and when it's dad's turn, we see a half-hearted attempt to kind of do the job.
The ASY male in this gourd, is spending almost as much time on the eggs, as the ASY female.
He's very careful, and does a great job of making sure he's warming all of them (as good as a brood patch-less male can).
He often even shares egg duty at night.
I really need to take notes from this guy...... :mrgreen:
JRow
Martin Colony History: 2017--super 24 gourd rack with a mix of Troyer horizontals and natural gourds

PMCA member

That's fun! Thanks for sharing!
~Jen

2017-- 23 pair with 99 eggs: 81 hatched, 80 fledged.
PMCA member
Annie G

That is so cool! Thank you so much!
Keep trying and keep your chin up, its easier to see the martins coming!!
Kuemic
Martin Colony History: 2015 1 SY pair, 2 eggs destroyed by house sparrow
2016 1 ASY pair, 5 eggs, 2 hatchlings, 2 fledged
2017 1 ASY pair, 5 eggs, 5 hatchlings, 5 fledged; 1 SY pair, 4 eggs not incubated
2018 daily visitors but no takers
2019 1 SY pair, 4 eggs, 2 destroyed by House Wren, 2 hatchlings, 2 fledged
2020 1ASY pair, 5 eggs, 5 hatchlings, 5 fledged

I was just watching him on the eggs, what a beautiful bird....and a great dad! :grin:

Thank you for showing us the link to the video feed.

Michelle
Michelle in Topeka
James A Lenz
Martin Colony History: 2017 New Landlord 11 cavities offered 3 pair fledging 8.

Matt F. wrote:The ASY pair that are in our camera gourd, are incubating right now.
(If it asks you to download anything, just hit cancel)
http://noacamera.uhcl.edu/axis-cgi/mjpg ... on=704x480
In the past, I've seen (as I'm sure many have) how careful, and attentive mom is, and when it's dad's turn, we see a half-hearted attempt to kind of do the job.
The ASY male in this gourd, is spending almost as much time on the eggs, as the ASY female.
He's very careful, and does a great job of making sure he's warming all of them (as good as a brood patch-less male can).
He often even shares egg duty at night.
I really need to take notes from this guy...... :mrgreen:
That is amazing I want to put video in all my gourds. Loving these birds has no boundaries. If you love these birds you will do almost anything to find new ways to enjoy watching them.
DebA
Martin Colony History: Start 2009 with one pair. Upgraded from S&K houses to two Trendsetter 12's with gourds beneath in 2013. I have experienced job, pet, and parental losses since '13. The Purple Martins lift my spirits and remind me how life continues forward by flying their little selves from Brazil back to my yard. As one forum person once told me, chin up DebA, look at the martins. Danger all around but yet they soar in the sky without a care in the world.

Hi Matt! You are such a cool guy and yes the world would be a better place if all men followed your lead and this ASYM's. Ha. I am such a bird nut and just in awe and love them all, except S&S of course, but Purple Martins are just so special. I know, don't have to tell any of us that! Have a great day.
Deb
PMCA MEMBER
Pratt County, Kansas
2016 34 PAIR
2015 27 PAIR
2014 23 PAIR
2013 13 PAIR
2012 6 PAIR
2011 4 PAIR
2010 2 PAIR
2009 1 PAIR
Kuemic
Martin Colony History: 2015 1 SY pair, 2 eggs destroyed by house sparrow
2016 1 ASY pair, 5 eggs, 2 hatchlings, 2 fledged
2017 1 ASY pair, 5 eggs, 5 hatchlings, 5 fledged; 1 SY pair, 4 eggs not incubated
2018 daily visitors but no takers
2019 1 SY pair, 4 eggs, 2 destroyed by House Wren, 2 hatchlings, 2 fledged
2020 1ASY pair, 5 eggs, 5 hatchlings, 5 fledged

Just tuned in again, saw at least 4 babies!!!! Thanks for streaming this!

Michelle
Michelle in Topeka
Matt F.

My pleasure!
Thanks to all who have commented!
Matt F.

DebA wrote:Hi Matt! You are such a cool guy and yes the world would be a better place if all men followed your lead and this ASYM's
Thanks Deb! 8)
This ASYM is definitely a great role model for all men!
Me......not so much.... :mrgreen:
SReed

Hello,
I so want to see this video steam but I can't get it to open. Anyone tell me how, I would greatly appreciate it. Not sure if it matters but I'm running Windows 10. When I click on the link it ask me to "save" or "save as". I've tried both ways. It downloads the video but then it comes up with Windows Media Player can't play this file. Do I need a different app or something?
Thank you!
Matt F.

SReed wrote:Hello,
I so want to see this video steam but I can't get it to open. Anyone tell me how, I would greatly appreciate it. Not sure if it matters but I'm running Windows 10. When I click on the link it ask me to "save" or "save as". I've tried both ways. It downloads the video but then it comes up with Windows Media Player can't play this file. Do I need a different app or something?
Thank you!
Hi SReed,
You're fine with Windows 10, it's just the specific browser application you're using, that maybe the problem.
The streaming video unfortunately will only work with Chrome, or Firefox (or if using a Mac - Safari).
Windows 10 pushes the Edge browser, which won't work, nor will Internet Explorer.
This is due to a very old video server, that does not support the newer Microsoft browsers.
Also, when it asks to "save" or "save as", just click cancel - there's no need to download anything.

Keep me posted if this works for you.
SReed

Got it Matt!
Thank you so very much! Once I downloaded Firefox, no problems, except now I can't get anything done for watching the PM's!
So cool!
Now I want cameras in my gourds!
Thanks again!