Troyers

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
MRV
Martin Colony History: previous landlord at former location ,recently purchased new property ,housing is up !

I got my troyers yesterday , I am going out in a few minutes and change out some round hole nats and open up some gourds...oh , and a question , how loud is the songbird chatter box ? at my old house I had a horn speaker on top of a perch pole next to an out building with the PM disc playing pretty loud , the birds would come running...I cant use that setup at my new place...do you fasten the chatterbox near the top of the pole ? I need to get one asap

Ok , I am referring to the songbird magnet , I have the MPP pole , does anyone have a pic of how you have it mounted...the illustration is very vague

thanks very much

Steve
Annie G

I just used copper coated wire and wrapped it to the hub. Snug so the wind wouldn't blow it off. Worked for me. :)
Keep trying and keep your chin up, its easier to see the martins coming!!
MRV
Martin Colony History: previous landlord at former location ,recently purchased new property ,housing is up !

..I think I have my solution to the dawn song gig...I have a Kubota rtv that has a cd stereo in it ..this afternoon I loaded the disc and parked near the rack and cranked her up...by golly seemed to broadcast pretty good...got the vertical troyers mounted ..they are looking good...now..I just need some birds. :)
j6745l@gmail.com
Martin Colony History: 2016, put Troyer pole with 6 units Horizontal with Conley 11 Tunnels.
Had some visits (two sittings) last year. A visit this year 2017.

MRV wrote:I got my troyers yesterday , I am going out in a few minutes and change out some round hole nats and open up some gourds...oh , and a question , how loud is the songbird chatter box ? at my old house I had a horn speaker on top of a perch pole next to an out building with the PM disc playing pretty loud , the birds would come running...I cant use that setup at my new place...do you fasten the chatterbox near the top of the pole ? I need to get one asap

Ok , I am referring to the songbird magnet , I have the MPP pole , does anyone have a pic of how you have it mounted...the illustration is very vague

thanks very much

Steve
I just used Duck tape and taped it to the Apparatus that slides up and down the pole with the gourds. Just find a flat spot on the slide under the slide and tape it there.

John
j6745l@gmail.com
Martin Colony History: 2016, put Troyer pole with 6 units Horizontal with Conley 11 Tunnels.
Had some visits (two sittings) last year. A visit this year 2017.

j6745l@gmail.com wrote:
MRV wrote:I got my troyers yesterday , I am going out in a few minutes and change out some round hole nats and open up some gourds...oh , and a question , how loud is the songbird chatter box ? at my old house I had a horn speaker on top of a perch pole next to an out building with the PM disc playing pretty loud , the birds would come running...I cant use that setup at my new place...do you fasten the chatterbox near the top of the pole ? I need to get one asap

thanks very much

Steve
I just used Duck tape and taped it to the Apparatus that slides up and down the pole with the gourds. Just find a flat spot on the slide under the slide and tape it there. It has a volume control and I think you can order it on Amazon prime and have it in two days.

John