Friend or Foe

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
philsand

Tree feet from their yard is a problem. I have my gourds beside my house. I want to put some back of the house. My wife does not want that because of the noise they make early in the morning when she wants to sleep. She also loves our martins, but not too close.
DavidJ
Martin Colony History: 2016 21 pair 87 eggs

Tim I won the case yesterday because there is no poop. I am still waiting for the report from the time they called Animal Control because of the health risk to the poop infestation. At the court appearance they did not enter it into evidence because I presume there was no poop. Obviously they do not like me for some reason of which I do not know what it is. I am not going to ask them why they don't like me and cause me so much grief. I'm sorry to sound like I am mean. Their first contact with me was a email telling me basicly to do as they say or war! So I pick war! I do not bow down to threats when I have done nothing wrong! They had the chance many, many times to chose to be diplomatic and have refused each and every time!!!! If there was a poop problem I assume as I'm sure you would that since my property is 3 times the size of theirs and the house is on my property I would have had at least some kind of poop issues.
Ravens5281
Martin Colony History: PMCA Member:
Name: Stu Silver III
Begin trying to start a Colony since 2014
Had 2 Martins Visitors stop by (2014)
(2015) 2 Martins Visitors passed through
(2016) 35 Days that Martins Visitors/Stopped by but didn't nest

DavidJ preach brother!!! You have done nothing wrong which u can expand ur colony if u want!! I wouldn't worry about them just keep enjoying ur martins & I read a book that Andy Troyer wrote & he has 2 Hugh colony & only been pooped on twice in 25 yrs & he has it right by his house & one at his business!!!
PMCA Member: From Seymour, Indiana
DavidJ

You would think poop would be a problem but the fact is that it just isn't!!! I have no idea where it goes but it isn't a problem!!!
Ravens5281
Martin Colony History: PMCA Member:

Haha yea I know man!! They say that they go a good distance away from the colony to keep it clean that way!! But I would say that they just wanted to make it hard on u & had to make up some excuse! At least u won & u keep just keep on enjoying ur martins!!!
PMCA Member: From Seymour, Indiana
DavidJ

For the time being I will have to enjoy through others... sad face... But I am looking forward to the day I can sit outside and have my morning coffee and just enjoy the moment!!!