T-14 and Controller Available - Free

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
Sparky

With regret due to a medical condition, I have to quit the martineering hobby after 14 years. I have a T-14 setup with aluminum pole, winch and hardware, a bed and breakfast with pole and S & S Controller available to anyone who wants it in the Houston, TX area. New ground sockets will need to be fabricated and set in the ground. Maybe a little paint here and there might help.
I'll help with the setup if needed.
Let me know if interested, and you can come and pick it up. It's free! Can't get any better than that. Just need to find a new home for the housing for the martins.
I'm a "nestcamaholic" Is 18 hours a day a bad thing? (I have 2 this year, luckily I have 2 eyes!)
Ed Pace

So sorry to hear that you will be giving up your birds, I am sure that is a great disappointment for you. I would be interested in purchase one of your nest cams if you decided to sell them.

Best of Luck with your condition.
e-mail --pacemaker41@yahoo.com

Ed
Last edited by Ed Pace on Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tim414

Sparky wrote:With regret due to a medical condition, I have to quit the martineering hobby after 14 years. I have a T-14 setup with aluminum pole, winch and hardware, a bed and breakfast with pole and S & S Controller available to anyone who wants it in the Houston, TX area. New ground sockets will need to be fabricated and set in the ground. Maybe a little paint here and there might help.
I'll help with the setup if needed.
Let me know if interested, and you can come and pick it up. It's free! Can't get any better than that. Just need to find a new home for the housing for the martins.
Would you consider selling your equipment to a noob in north Texas?
tonyg
Martin Colony History: 22 year landlord, 14 at current residence..offering 9 racks and a homemade T-8 for 166 total cavities. 160 Pair in 2018 Racks consist of a Deluxe 12, AAA 16, Starburst 16, 2 K-18 Series, Super 24, 2 Gemini, Multi-purpose/two trio’s/4gourds and a T-8..Great hobby to be involved in..

Would you be able to ship S&S Controller? Of course I'd pay for shipping.. Thanks, Tony...you can email me at garret1954@hotmail.com
22 year landlord..9 Rack Systems for 2018 and my home built T-8 for a total of 166 cavities..160 pair in 2018 ..SUPER COLONY!!! Love You Bev... Fan of those St. Louis Cardinals!!!!!
Louise Chambers
Site Admin

Sparky, I am so sorry about this = you hae been a great landlord, and a helpful member of this forum, for so many years. My hope is that your T14 stays close enough for you to visit with the martins and their new landlord on a regular basis. You've been good to the martins.
Emil Pampell-Tx
Martin Colony History: First started in Gretna, La in 1969 with a small homemade house, have had martins ever since at 2 different homes in Texas

Like the rest, I too am sorry to see this happen to you. There comes a time when all of us will be in the same shoes...good luck on all of your future plans. I have enough housing, and hope someone else wants it and needs it.
PMCA Member, 250 gourds, 6 poles, 2traps
taxidermy lady
Martin Colony History: Started trying to attract purple martins in 2012! It's finally happened in 2017! 5 years!!! ASY male and SY female came May 1st, fledged 5 babies!

Thanks for raising our numbers of martins in the world!! Greatly appreciated from all for sure. :grin:
Sharon from southern Illinois
John Barrow

Sparky, sorry to hear of your status. You have been a fantastic landlord. I have enjoyed your posts for many years and have learned much from reading them. I wish you the best with your health and in the years ahead. Ever need a martin fix, you are welcome at our place anytime. Good luck!!
~~TEAMED WITH A MARTIN GODDESS~~

Member/Mentor-PMCA. I do regular nestchecks and participate in PROJECT MARTINWATCH!! Coordinated 3 geolocator studies-2009,2010 & 2013. State and Fed licensed bander
Sparky

Thanks, so much everyone.
I'm a "nestcamaholic" Is 18 hours a day a bad thing? (I have 2 this year, luckily I have 2 eyes!)
MingjoMartins

Sparky - I have a friend who raises and shows rabbits with me, and who is a young school teacher with an interest in purple martins that lives in Texas, wonderful family and extremely passionate about everything that she and her family do, I will private message you her contact information. It may be a great opportunity to share the love of martins with a family, or even a schoolroom full of children. I spoke to her on Facebook, and she provided a phone number that I will private message to you.

JohnM
2013 - 37 pair-179 eggs,142 hatched,139 fledged
2012 - 32 pair-163 eggs,141 hatched,134 fledged
2011 - 19 pairs - 78 fledged successfully!
2010 3 pairs - 9 eggs - 8 fledged!
2009 - 1 Sub Adult Male (only) - LOTS visitors
2008 - 58 Visitors by year end
2007 - 13 Visitors by year end
MingjoMartins

Sparky -

So I am guilty of not keeping up on Forum upgrades....apparently Private Messages are not working. If you email me at mingjo@aol.com I can email you her contact information.

John
2013 - 37 pair-179 eggs,142 hatched,139 fledged
2012 - 32 pair-163 eggs,141 hatched,134 fledged
2011 - 19 pairs - 78 fledged successfully!
2010 3 pairs - 9 eggs - 8 fledged!
2009 - 1 Sub Adult Male (only) - LOTS visitors
2008 - 58 Visitors by year end
2007 - 13 Visitors by year end
Dave Duit
Martin Colony History: In 2019, 54 pair with 218 fledged youngsters. 83 total compartments available, 58 Troyer Horizontal gourds and 4 modified trio metal house units, owl cages around all units. Martin educator and speaker. President of the Iowa Purple Martin Organization. Please visit www.iamartin.org and join.

Sparky,
I send you well wishes on your health and I feel that your martin housing will find a good home.
Mite control, heat venting, predator protection and additional feeding during bad weather add up to success.
Stephen Cruse

Sparky,

Sorry to hear that you are no longer going to be in the purple martin business. I have followed you over the years and I know you have done a great job with the martins. If you still need someone to take your equipment I would be happy to add your set up to my growing colony. Email me at stephen.cruse@texasfirstbank.com.

Thanks,

Stephen
2014 - 72 pairs
2015 - 127 pairs
Debi

Hello Sparky, so sorry you have to close your colony. I know it is a hard thing to do. I am a fairly new landlord. Going on four years with success. Growing each year. Just put out my gourds today. Can't hardly wait. I live close to you outside of Rosenberg on the Brazos river. If you still haven't found anyone to give your housing a new spot I am interested. My email is dsneeper3@hotmail.com. Thanks, Debi
Louise Chambers
Site Admin

Sparky, are these items now re-homed? It would be good to have an update. I wish we were neighbors, you would still have martins! And I am sure many others here would say the same.
bwenger
Martin Colony History: Taking care of 11 active public colonies and trying to start two more in northwestern PA. Also attempting to restart another one in southwestern PA, in Collier Township's Hilltop Park. In 2017, not sure what happened but the ASY male returned and then a couple of weeks later he was gone. It could have been weather related. No other birds showed up. I had a starling nesting at the Public site that I had trouble getting rid of.
In 2018, we fledged 629 martins at all of the sites.

Sparky,

Louise has a great point.. We do not know all of the circumstances, but would there be any landlords in your area that could maintain your colony and you could still enjoy them?

It's a great way for new landlords to get practice on doing nest checks on an active colony, while they work on their colony!

Take care of yourself,

Bill
copper

Sparky,

Sorry to hear about your condition. I hope you get better.

I am willing to take all your equipment since I am starting over at my new house. I am local also, so pick up will not be a problem.

Thanks

John