Project Martinwatch 2014

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
Louise Chambers
Site Admin

IT IS NOT TOO LATE TO PARTICIPATE!

If you have not submitted your 2014 Project MartinWatch (PMW) reports, you can still submit them. All reports received will be entered into the PMCA's ever growing database, however, to make sure your report is part of the annual PMW article they need to be sent to us as soon as possible.

Reports can be submitted a number of ways, regular mail or scanned and emailed to research@purplemartin.org. You can also download the PMW spreadsheet, and learn more about this project at <www.purplemartin.org/pmw/>. This spreadsheet can then be filled out and emailed to research@purplemartin.org.

If you have already submitted your report please like and share this post to help remind others. Thank you to everyone for your hard work and support of the PMCA.

-Bob Aeppli, PMCA Field Biologist
mclifton

Ugg, just getting the data off today! Hope it's not too late. Still doing fall gardening work. I wish it would snow!! I'm tired
Louise Chambers
Site Admin

Not too late, thank you for sending in your nest check data! Mine's not sent in yet either... :wink: But I will get it done by end of week, I promise.
Louise Chambers
Site Admin

One more reminder - please submit your nest check data if you want to be included in the summary of the 2014 season. Thanks for participating!
Peggy Riley

Louise are " just totals" acceptable? Thanks.
PMCA Member
2017 101 pair
Louise Chambers
Site Admin

hi Peggy :)

Totals, without data from the weekly nest checks along the way, would not work for Project Martinwatch, but if you have any records at all, we'd appreciate them. There are some formulas that can be used to tweak data for accuracy, so they can be included.

Ideally, martinwatch data will include what is in each nest, each week, from the week that the first eggs are laid, right up through fledging of the final young martin. That's a good bit of work, and we know not everyone has the time - but landlords might keep those records for one system at their site, if they can't monitor everything.

We are looking forward to sharing 2014 Martinwatch results in the winter/January 2015 issue of the Update - thanks to all of you who are sharing your nest check data, comments and photos.
Peggy Riley

Thanks! I just wanted to clarify that you did indeed use all the nest checks etc. With 94 pair it's really hard to keep up with the SY's!
PMCA Member
2017 101 pair