2014 Dallas Roost

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
teridickinson

Anyone find the roost yet this year? Martins were streaming overhead at 7 PM last night heading south, so it appears they are going in the direction as the past.
klcretired

Hi Teri,
I am told that the Dallas Purple Martin Pre-migratory Roost is at the address below:

Cinemark Hollywood Movies 15:

4040 S Shiloh Rd, Garland, TX. 75041

FROM Interstate 20 West to 635 North
to exit 11B Northwest Hwy / Shiloh Rd. Take this exit and continue on the Service road past northwest highway until you reach Shiloh Road.
Right on Shiloh Road and make next right at traffic light for entry into Hollywood Movies 15 parking lot.

Once in the parking lot, make a right and head straight for the large group of trees ahead in the rounded corner area. There are approximately 20 trees here.
Pictures Taken with Canon Rebel XT Digital using a Sigma 50-500 Long Lens.

Wishing everyone a Great Martin Year
Happy Martining for 2020 to everyone,

K.C.

klcretired@tx.rr.com
teridickinson

Thanks KC. Does anyone know if that's the same location as last year?

Has anyone been there? How's the neighborhood?
trisha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjMrDsf ... e=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDbBWrD ... e=youtu.be

Hi Teri. We went Sat night. It was spectacular! I think this is the first year at this location. 2 years ago we went and it was at the bowling alley in Garland. There were alot of families there. If you go alone just park by all the other people taking pictures and you should be ok. We went into the theatre to use the restroom and there were policemen standing by. You can pm me if you have more questions. :wink:
Trisha

PMCA member
2019, 36 pair
birdy girl

Watched both videos. That is amazing! Totally enjoyed watching these videos. Thanks for posting the link.