Thankful

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
DelmaWhisenhunt

Still thankful every day for my purple martins and today they really entertained, so many flying and soaring over head with the beautiful chatter and flying in often and out in a moment, which makes me think they are feeding the babies. Hard to believe the season will soon be over and I am hoping that I can post pone knee surgery for a few weeks, really wanted to wait till winter months, but also on my mind to see the full season of the martins. So much pleasure early in the mornings with that first cup of coffee.
Delma Whisenhunt
Idabel, OK
Martin Lover
Anthony Neira
Martin Colony History: Started in 1992 From neighbors old 1950-60's colonies. Have 8 Trio 6 Room Houses, 4 MPP Poles, 1 Heath Deluxe Gourd with Troyer Porch, 8 NatureLine Gourds with Troyer Porches, 5 Troyer Horizontals ,& 2 S&K 11" WITH Troyer Porches ready for 2019 Season !

Great news for you Delma ! Last yr. my Doc. wanted me to go & check in the Hosp. for a few days during early July, but I asked if it could wait till August, because I did'nt want to miss the last days of my Martins leaving. After a funny/strange look, he said "sure!", so I know where you're coming from, good for you! Best of luck,
PMCA Member, 8 Trio 6 Room Houses, 1 Heath Deluxe Gourd with Troyer Porch, 8 NatureLine Gourds with Troyer Porches, 5 Troyer Horizontals + Tunnels, & 2 S&K Bo 11"s WITH Troyer Porches ! 4 MPPs, For 2019 Season !! :grin: Started in 1992 from Older '50-'60s Colonies.
DelmaWhisenhunt

I am glad someone else besides me, understands the addiction to purple martins. Almost like a good morning greeting each morning as I step out on my front porch with a cup of coffee, and spend first morning time just enjoying them as they perform. So many came today, wondered if some were just passing through and stopped off to take a break. The sparrows are not invited, but they show up, also.
Delma Whisenhunt
Idabel, OK
Martin Lover
DakotaLady

Delma, I am so glad that you are enjoying martins...FINALLY. :grin: It sure is a wonderful treat to go out in the mornings with a cup of coffee and enjoy their company. I hope you have a successful martin season.
~Tangula~

2013 - 16 pair, 79 eggs, 71 fledged
2012 - 4 pair, 18 eggs, 18 fledged
DelmaWhisenhunt

Another first for me, I saw a baby martin stick its head out to day as if it might be ready to take flight soon. Since I am a new martin landlord I don't know how long it will be before they can fly. The sky has been black with martins the past two or three days, maybe they are planning to be here for the new launching. Will have to go out early in the morning with my coffee to make sure I don't miss the event ????? I am sure the schedule will be posted.
Delma Whisenhunt
Idabel, OK
Martin Lover
taxidermy lady
Martin Colony History: Started trying to attract purple martins in 2012! It's finally happened in 2017! 5 years!!! ASY male and SY female came May 1st, fledged 5 babies!

Delma I wish I was close to you! I would preform those nest checks for you! :wink:
Sharon from southern Illinois
Anthony Neira
Martin Colony History: Started in 1992 From neighbors old 1950-60's colonies. Have 8 Trio 6 Room Houses, 4 MPP Poles, 1 Heath Deluxe Gourd with Troyer Porch, 8 NatureLine Gourds with Troyer Porches, 5 Troyer Horizontals ,& 2 S&K 11" WITH Troyer Porches ready for 2019 Season !

Thanks Delma, In the past 2 weeks, all the babies have fledged,. and right now I'm enjoying the " Flying Lessons " every morning & evening, and they should be gone here, but I hope they will roost on a site I found 3 yr.s ago on the east side of San Antonio. So here's to you again on enjoying your Martins !!
PMCA Member, 8 Trio 6 Room Houses, 1 Heath Deluxe Gourd with Troyer Porch, 8 NatureLine Gourds with Troyer Porches, 5 Troyer Horizontals + Tunnels, & 2 S&K Bo 11"s WITH Troyer Porches ! 4 MPPs, For 2019 Season !! :grin: Started in 1992 from Older '50-'60s Colonies.