Many Visitors Today

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
DelmaWhisenhunt

Martins everywhere today, sky black with the beautiful creatures. At times think they were disturbing the ones that have homesteaded. They sure make my lawn mowing a lot more enjoyable. I really look forward each morning as they perform while I have my morning coffee. Can you tell I am thrilled? Waited so long and threatened to throw in the towel so many times/ boy I am glad you posting friends kept encouraging me to keep trying, have patience. Thanks again.
Delma Whisenhunt
Idabel, OK
Martin Lover
tlragsdale

Delma….getting ready to throw the towel in up-north. Had a few visitors each day, but no one serious about setting up shop. Between the sparrows I trapped and---well---eliminated from the equation, and the dang blue birds who fly over and dive-bomb the martins checking out the housing we've placed, we're about to run out of time for the 2014 season.

Wish you continued good fortune with your colony!!

Terry R.
taxidermy lady
Martin Colony History: Started trying to attract purple martins in 2012! It's finally happened in 2017! 5 years!!! ASY male and SY female came May 1st, fledged 5 babies!

Congrats Delma sounds like a blast! :)

Terry hang in there, those visitors will have to stay someday. :)
Sharon from southern Illinois
Courtney-NC
Martin Colony History: 2009-2015-Helped to manage Raleigh site, 36 cavities
2016- 33 pairs at Raleigh site, 1 pair at home site.
2017- 34 pairs at Raleigh site, 3 pairs + extra SYs at home site
2018- 33 pairs at Raleigh site, 5 pairs + extra SYs at home site
2019 - 32 pairs at Raleigh site, 7 pairs at home site, 2 pairs at new Holly Springs park site

Hey Delma! It's your turn to start encouraging the others who are still waiting for martins! :lol:
-Courtney
-------------------
NC Purple Martin Society (PMCA affiliate)
http://www.ncpurplemartin.org
Don~VA
Martin Colony History: Had a colony many years ago which dwindled over a couple of years and then did not return. Kept trying each year for almost 20 years and finally had a small success in 2011 with two pairs nesting. Colony has grown slowly each year with 22 pairs in 2015. In 2016 my gourd rack of 18 gourds filled up so I added 4 more gourds and then put up a small rack of 6 gourds. All of those were claimed within a few days so I believe I have at least 25 pairs this year.

Congratulations Delma! I know how thrilled you must be and I loved to read your report as it gives many others hope to continue their efforts. Best of Luck in growing your colony! :)
Don~Northern Neck of Virginia-PMCA Member