Remind Me

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
DelmaWhisenhunt

My beautiful martins remind me every day just how beautiful they are and so people oriented. They soar and glide around with the all too familiar chatter as I mow the lawn each week They greet me early each morning as I sit on the front porch with the first cup of coffee. Thoughts have been invading my mind, what on earth am I going to do when they leave? It will be like sending the kids off to college/ second thought however will not have to pay tuition, books, and all the other that goes with that part of accepting empty nest. Guess I better get back to reality and live one day at a time and we have all heard that saying, haven't we?
Delma Whisenhunt
Idabel, OK
Martin Lover
DakotaLady

Delma,

It is a bit of Heaven with all these birds. At times I know I am just wasting time sitting outside or in my hot tub watching these birds. But I cannot seem to get enough of them. I cannot wait to go out and work in my gardens to see them. They are so curious and tend to fly over the gardens watching me. Then they get board and begin tussling amongst themselves again.

I do appreciate everyday they are here. Like you I had so many years that I hoped I would get birds. I'm pleasantly surprised that I have so many now. It makes the success of attracting them THAT much sweeter. It will be hard to see them leave. We will have to cross that bridge when it happens.

I'm glad you are enjoying your birds. Carry on!
~Tangula~

2013 - 16 pair, 79 eggs, 71 fledged
2012 - 4 pair, 18 eggs, 18 fledged
DelmaWhisenhunt

I believe the scissortail is the hardest critter to conquer, just sits on top of the house and the martins can sky dive him and hiss, sometimes actually bumping and he still just sits till is good and ready to move. The martins have been really active and come often, so a good part of the day I have sat in my red yard swing under shade trees and was the devoted spectator.
Hardly entered my mind that a few things like shoes and newspapers, etc. cluttered my house. I keep thinking the fairy will come, and eventually happens but seems the name is Delma when that happens. I am so thankful for the martins, waited so many years.
Delma Whisenhunt
Idabel, OK
Martin Lover