Abandon all hope all who want Purple martins

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
ldskidmore

That's what it seems like to me. I am seeing nothing, nooothing. Well almost nothing. Had a few flyovers but no landers. last year I saw my first subbie on May 14 and had lots of visitors after that. What's going on? Any new landlords in East Tennessee seeing any subbies. I have been watching the scout report and it seems as if they have just stopped coming. Either that or they are not being reported.
Chuck4
Martin Colony History: I started trying to attract Purple Martins in 2011. I got my first breeding pair in 2013.

2013-1 pair, 2014-4 pair, 2015-8 pair, 2016-12 pair 60 babies :-).

Sorry you aren't seeing more action, but the SY birds are in abundance at least in my area.
PMCA Member
_____
DornCounty
Martin Colony History: .
Trio-Jedi

we know the subbies are a little late, so hang in there.
2017 - Home & Public Colonies - 300 Cavities
Jose Rodriguez

Hang in there! This guy paid me a visit but did not stay. I think he was headed northbound!

PMCA Member
"Keep Calm and It Will Happen"
threelilkids
Martin Colony History: 2014 1 pair 3 hatched 3 fledged
2015 1 pair 5 hatched 5 fledged
2016 1 pair 5 hatched 4 fledged
2017 2 pair 8 hatched 8 fledged
2018 4 pair 15 hatched

PLEASE HANG IN THERE... I (we) have felt the same as you soooo many times before, Make sure your site is to THEIR liking and read the PMCA top 10 most reasons why you don't get Martins. It took me 4 long years and losing a huge oak tree before I got my first pair. They will come :wink:
ldskidmore

Thanks for the encouragement and sorry to be so negative. Last year by this time I had already reported a sub adult on the scout report and had some visitors after that. I had high hopes for this year, but so far I have seen far fewer birds. I did have visitors last year on up into the first week of June, so I will hang in there and if no luck this year, I will try again next year.
Thanks
Larry
taxidermy lady
Martin Colony History: Started trying to attract purple martins in 2012! It's finally happened in 2017! 5 years!!! ASY male and SY female came May 1st, fledged 5 babies!

That's all we can do Larry! Good luck!
Sharon from southern Illinois
DottieL

Me too, you guys... I've had visitors maybe three our four times. The last two times it was a pair. They hung around maybe 30 minutes and then left, not to be seen again.
I've watched several flying high high in the sky once on a while. They seem to be hunting food and not site searching. Dang :cry: :cry:
Dorothy ......in the "Land of the Yellow Brick Road" click click !!
Jose Rodriguez

Call it greed, but I wish those two subbies would of stayed at our site! I think they would have only they had a hard time going in our clinger entrance with the cling plate. My Bad :-(
PMCA Member
"Keep Calm and It Will Happen"