Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
- Posts: 247
- Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:08 am
- Location: Fort wayne IN
I saw some red wing black birds at the feeder and noticed this different looking bird. Is this a red wing with some kind of color deformation.
- DSC06808 (800x600).jpg (226.56 KiB) Viewed 1375 times
- Posts: 84
- Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:36 pm
- Location: MI, Fruitport
I'd say it is.
Maybe partially leucistic?
2013, back in the game with a pair at my satelite colony that has eggs due to hatch around July 7th
- Posts: 1537
- Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:25 am
Probably Bobolink in the molting stage my guess.
- Posts: 451
- Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:25 am
- Location: Wisconsin/Shell Lake
- Martin Colony History: Colony started in 2009 with 2 pair.
Currently I have 3 gourd racks with 24 gourds. One gourd rack will be for sy arrivals only.
Bo Eleven gourds 20
Looks like a partial albino Red Wing Blackbird to me
- Posts: 3903
- Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:48 am
- Location: Houston, TX
Great photo Jim!
I'm going to cast my vote for a partially (or "pied") leucistic Red-winged Blackbird.......