Kansas Updates...

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
DottieL

Thanks for the info Doorn. I checked the main house today and there is the beginnings of one nest. It contains some coarse stemmy grass laid flat around the sides
with a small cup in center, with no mud or leaves yet.
Sooo, yay!!! Looks as though I have an immature pair. Well see how far they make it this year!!
Dorothy ......in the "Land of the Yellow Brick Road" click click !!
DornCounty
Martin Colony History: .
Trio-Jedi

DottieL wrote:Thanks for the info Doorn. I checked the main house today and there is the beginnings of one nest. It contains some coarse stemmy grass laid flat around the sides
with a small cup in center, with no mud or leaves yet.
Sooo, yay!!! Looks as though I have an immature pair. Well see how far they make it this year!!
Great news dottie.. check again in a few days and let us know if you see eggs. Fingers crossed!
2017 - Home & Public Colonies - 300 Cavities
DottieL

He's gone... There was an interested female but I guess not interested enough. They have been gone for several days. So sad. His partial nest remains in the house. I could tell some birds were attempting to lure him away, and they succeeded.
Dang it.....maybe next year. Shoot.. Darn. Crap.
Dorothy ......in the "Land of the Yellow Brick Road" click click !!
DornCounty
Martin Colony History: .
Trio-Jedi

DottieL wrote:He's gone... There was an interested female but I guess not interested enough. They have been gone for several days. So sad. His partial nest remains in the house. I could tell some birds were attempting to lure him away, and they succeeded.
Dang it.....maybe next year. Shoot.. Darn. Crap.
hang in there..and keep doing things right.
2017 - Home & Public Colonies - 300 Cavities