YAY! Supplemental feeding in little old Licking, MO!!

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
KathyF
Martin Colony History: Colony started - 2007 with one pair
As of 2018 - 84 cavities offered, max # of pairs hosted - 82.

Lowered all the housing today, when the high hit 50 deg. - found no fatalities! Put some crickets on the porches of each cavity on the Trendsetter. Flung some more crickets & eggs, then retreated to the porch to watch the house through binoculars. Watched a female belly-crawl right over the crickets to her nest, through the Conley II entrance - but then, she stuck her head out & gobbled down the crickets!! YAY! Hope all of them do the same.
"Sometimes", said Pooh, "the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."
2016 - 82 pair
2015 - 76 pair
2014 - 75 pair
2013 - 75 pair
2012-72 pair
http://kathyfreeze.blogspot.com
Keith

Kathy F,
Me again. It sounds like your Martins are doing just fine with all the care you are giving them. When you made a comment to a reply that I had made earlier suggesting my Martins might take food from my eggshell feeder- and yes it did work. The perch pole with the eggshell feeder the Martins had been accustomed to in past years made it fairly simple for them to take scrambled eggs from, and they go to it quite often. Thanks Kathy.
Keith
KathyF
Martin Colony History: Colony started - 2007 with one pair
As of 2018 - 84 cavities offered, max # of pairs hosted - 82.

Keith, I'm so happy you were able to get them to take eggs! You're probably a LOT happier than I am! :lol: :lol: It looks like it's going to be bad for about 4 more days. It just started to snow here....I'm going to need more eggs & crickets. :shock:

Please stay in touch and let us know how your birds are doing. I'm going to need a vacation after all this is over. :)
"Sometimes", said Pooh, "the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."
2016 - 82 pair
2015 - 76 pair
2014 - 75 pair
2013 - 75 pair
2012-72 pair
http://kathyfreeze.blogspot.com