LUCKY Day a pair to stay we hope!!!

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
jimnks

Well this morning a pair landed went in and out of the house and I think they might be here to stay, YEEESSS!!!! They said they stopped at some place called Licking, Mo. for a brief rest, really liked it there,but when they got ready to leave to come home they had a hard time finding their way out of there. So I asked them where Lickin was and they said you had to be lickin real hard to see it cause the entering Licking, and leaving Licking signs was on the same post, that's why they were confused!! I sure was glad to see 'em. Jim
jimnks
ChrisM

I have seen a male and a female side by side on the top porch apt. The very dark small male kept opening his mouth tothe -----seems like---- very young female sitting next to him. Would this one be a youngster from the soutern state or further south? I have never seen this before!
ChrisM Brown County Ks Purple Martin Country
KathyF
Martin Colony History: Colony started - 2007 with one pair
As of 2018 - 84 cavities offered, max # of pairs hosted - 82.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim - Your birds are SO spoiled, they were asking for coffee and a bite to eat before I sent them on their way! I told them you had breakfast waiting for them!

How did you know about our entering/leaving Licking signpost - you been here before? :shock: :lol: :lol:

Congratulations - so glad they made it! I bet Ol' Lucky is jumping for joy, too! Tell her "HI" from Licking!
"Sometimes", said Pooh, "the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."
2016 - 82 pair
2015 - 76 pair
2014 - 75 pair
2013 - 75 pair
2012-72 pair
http://kathyfreeze.blogspot.com
razman

jimnks wrote:Well this morning a pair landed went in and out of the house and I think they might be here to stay, YEEESSS!!!! They said they stopped at some place called Licking, Mo. for a brief rest, really liked it there,but when they got ready to leave to come home they had a hard time finding their way out of there. So I asked them where Lickin was and they said you had to be lickin real hard to see it cause the entering Licking, and leaving Licking signs was on the same post, that's why they were confused!! I sure was glad to see 'em. Jim
TOO FUNNY! LOL.........almost 3 funny.
jimnks

Another pair today, were getting them 1 step at a time.
Chris M., I don't know the answer to your question, sorry guy.
Kathy F., I have never been to Licking,and I'm pretty sure I ain't the only one that hasn't ever been there. JEEZ it was nice of you to give your husband an ATTABOY, it's just a shame I had to pry it out of you, pat the ol'dog on the head once in a while, it won't hurt you and it will pay great dividends!!!
Razman, sure hope you get some martins this year don't give up!!
I hope everyone had a nice day, we sure did!!!!
Jim and my lovely wife Lucky.
jimnks