Birdhouse torn apart, sy's arrive!!

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
jimnks

Hello all, We had a storm in NE Kansas on Friday night, I was looking at my birdhouses thru binoculars Saturday morning when I thought what the hell!! I have 5 peterson style houses mounted on metal T-posts in my pond for tree swallows, and 1 martin house on a wooden pole is also in the pond, both sides the top and the door were all torn apart from one of the peterson houses, the only thing that remained screwed to the pole was the back and inner frame! One side had a big hole in the top and a big hole in the bottom, there was no damage to the other side, door, or top,they were just torn off. I can only think that it was struck by lightning, I have never seen the effects of lightning so am guessing , I don't know what else it could have been, any opinions? Luckily there were no birds in it, as I had just checked it the day before, all other houses and birds were fine.The good thing about Saturday was another pair of martins arrived and stayed the night last night,I now have 3 pair! Have a nice day!!!
jim
jimnks