Maybe they WILL finally nest! Y'think?

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts

I was backing out my car from the garage late this afternoon, about 7:15 p.m. and happened to look up and saw this! Luckily I had my camera in the passenger seat, so I quickly clicked off this shot.

This is the FIRST indication I've seen that this pair might be considering building a nest and raising a family, yeah! I'll be watching in the days to come for more of this.

What do you guys think? Reason for hope, or just more mind games?

Here's a couple more pictures I took a bit earlier. The steep angle is because I was almost directly below them. I can walk all over the backyard, directly under the perch pole and the housing pole and they never seem to mind.

Gus

those are awesome pictures, and you gave me an idea to add some perches to the gourds. what are the specs on that lens?

I think if they are committed to building a nest, and are working hard at it then you defiantly have renters :)

gus,
That's a for sure thing..... She looks pretty determined!
Glad you had your camera.... Your pics are incredible...
have a great season...... It looks like it's well on it's way!
adiekaty

thestaton wrote:those are awesome pictures, and you gave me an idea to add some perches to the gourds. what are the specs on that lens?

I think if they are committed to building a nest, and are working hard at it then you defiantly have renters :)
Thanks! The lens is a Canon 300mm f/4.0 IS with a Canon 1.4x TC on a Canon 40D camera.

Gus
The Olsons

Gus,

Great pictures :lol: :lol: :lol: The martin girlie sure looks like she is working hard on getting the nest taken care off. Have a wonderful martin season 8) :lol: 8)

Astrid
Love it or leave it~~~Astrid :-)
iluvbirds

Great pics Gus! I believe they are committed to your site... :) .....Also, they really seem to love your perching pole. I see them hanging out quite a bit on it. Good luck to you, I hope you get lots more!.... :)
....... Pat