Nosey Neighbor

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
dsonyay
Martin Colony History: 2010-2014 located in Slidell LA. Gourd rack with 16 gourds. Max of 2 pairs during this short period in Slidell. Plenty of fledglings.

2014-present.. moved to Broussard LA. Same Gourd Rack but added a 6 room house (modified from a 12 room)

2020: after a long drought of nothing, 4 pairs and 4 nests, 23 eggs total (May2020)

I’ve got an SY male paired up with a female.. they have 6 eggs. This little guy is probably the most entertaining SY male I’ve encountered.. he will constantly land on other gourds and house cavities occupied by other couples... poking his head in just to check things out.. maybe he’s bragging about his 6 eggs. After a while one of the other martins has enough and eventually tosses him out. LoL. There hasn’t been any serious fights, or occasions where he’s ruined eggs.. but kinda entertaining for sure
Habsboy

I had a guy like this last yr when my first pair nested. He's back this year and hooked up with a sy female. These two pairs are bringing them in like crazy. Everyday we have many birds inquiring. Getting interesting now