Warbler Bird

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
Abigayle0721

I have a warbler bird building a nest in my gourds, should I remove it or leave it along?
Black Jack

Never let anything other than a purple martin nest in your gourds.
If they fledge little ones they will be back next year. A no no.
mjfog
Martin Colony History: 2018 will be my first try. 6 S&K B09s. 29 eggs - 8 fledged
2019 - 12 Troyer Horizontals with tunnels, 6 S&K B09s and 12 B011s all with tunnels. 43 eggs - 36 fledged
2020 - Rack 1 - 6 B011s, Rack 2 - 24 B011s, and Rack 3 - 24 Troyer Horizontals. All gourds have tunnels, porches and crescent/Conley 11 entrances; racks have predator guards. 161 eggs - 88 fledged

Abigayle,
Warblers are not cavity nesters. You are probably dealing with introduced common house sparrows nesting in your gourds. Do what you can to definitely identify the species. If it's a house sparrow, eliminate them. It may sound heartless, but KILL THEM. Tree swallows, wrens, bluebirds are ok; give them a brake and provide nesting opportunities for them next season.
Mike
Louise Chambers
Site Admin

Without a good ID, it's hard to give you a firm answer. Try to get a photo of the bird, or of the nest it made in the gourd. There is a cavity-nesting warbler that might nest in a gourd, prothonotary warbler - and if you have one, let it stay. Flycatchers, wrens, titmice, chickadees, plus bluebirds and tree swallows might also nest in a gourd, and depending on which one it is, there are strategies to relocate them - but not legal to trap them or remove eggs/babies.
Abigayle0721

Thanks, I’m new trying to get martins to my area.