CHANGE! IN FIELD DAY STATUS today in Louisa, VA!

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
Kathy in VA
Martin Colony History: It took me 11 years to get martins. It finally happened in 2010! Been going strong, ever since! I have a 12-gourd rack, full and overflowing!! I love this hobby!

CHANGE! IN FIELD DAY STATUS today in Louisa, VA!

Postby Kathy in VA » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:05 am

CHANGE IN STATUS!

Storm Cindy changed paths! Louisa did not get the heavy rains predicted! The Field Day parking lot is dry and usable.
A last-minute change was JUST made Saturday morning by the hosting landlord:
Lance Wood will open up his farm at 11:00am for a very abbreviated and informal time of instruction, and so you can see the martins and ask him martin questions (for anyone who wishes to come, and for those who did not learn of the original cancellation, which was based on the previous rainy-weather forecast.)
This is NOT our normal event, and there will be no support staff to handle greeting, logistics, or set up educational visual aids (we all live too far away to arrive in time), so your understanding will be greatly appreciated. Bring your own chair and lunch.

At this time, I have not been able to speak with our Field Day website's webmaster, so the original cancellation notice may or may not have been revised, but here is our website if you need directions: http://www.purplemartinfieldday.org . Directional MARTINS signs will be erected from the stated intersection before 11:00am.
And please join us next year on Saturday, June 23, 2018 for a FULL program (weather permitting!)
We regret the confusion—but we’re just trying to help people learn about martins.
Kathy in VA

Return to “Purple Martin Forum”