Photo of snake guard in action 2015 season

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
Mike Coupe
Martin Colony History: Started in 2001 with one Chuck Abare style 16 gourds rack. The past several years I have three of these gourd racks now. 48 gourds total. Maybe six plastic and the rest natural. Mixture of vertical, horizontal, single and double gourds. Tunnels on most and all sreh holes. Predator guards(bird netting) on each pole. Also have a S&S repeating trap in area. Shotgun and pellet gun help too. Usually all gourds occupied.

Ladybug
Martin Colony History: 2005-2019. Lots lookers, 2 successful nesting's.
2010- 1 pair nested,eggs destroyed(Wren).
2012- 1 pair nested, 4 eggs, 4 fledged
2019- 1 pair nested, 4 eggs, 4 fledged.

Mike C.
What type of snake is that ?? VERY SCARY Looking.
Joanne
Mike Coupe
Martin Colony History: Started in 2001 with one Chuck Abare style 16 gourds rack. The past several years I have three of these gourd racks now. 48 gourds total. Maybe six plastic and the rest natural. Mixture of vertical, horizontal, single and double gourds. Tunnels on most and all sreh holes. Predator guards(bird netting) on each pole. Also have a S&S repeating trap in area. Shotgun and pellet gun help too. Usually all gourds occupied.

We call them chicken snakes. Also called a rat snake.
I look in my chickens nest boxes before I stick my hand in. I felt one once at night collecting eggs.
ron20m

I've tried several times to make these and I never feel like it comes out right. People have sent me lniks to blueprint and I can't figure it out.
Have lots of bull snakes, see several every year.